Terms & Conditions
- Welcome to attakkalari.org! The Website is owned and operated by Attakkalari Centre for Movement Arts (referred to as "Attakkalari").
- By using this Website, users and the entities or persons they represent ("User" or "Users") agree to be legally bound and abide by the terms, conditions, and notices set forth or referenced herein and any other condition displayed on any of the pages of the Attakkalari Website (collectively, the "Terms").
- Attakkalari reserves the right to change, alter, modify, amend these Terms, from time to time, at its sole discretion without serving any notice to you ("Modifications"). The amended terms and conditions shall override the Terms to extent any such amended term is inconsistent or repugnant to these Terms and all Users shall be bound by such amended Terms. You can review the most current version of the Terms at any time at our website. Your continued use of the Website following the posting of any Modifications constitutes acceptance of the same. If you do not agree to these Terms, as amended from time to time, please do not access or avail of the Services provided or use the Website.
- You agree that you are only authorized to visit, view and to retain a copy of sections/pages of the Website for your own personal use, and that you shall not duplicate, download, publish, modify, hack, tamper with, damage the contents in any manner or otherwise distribute the information, data, software, photographs, videos, typefaces, graphics, music, sounds, and other material on the Attakkalari Website (collectively "Content") for any purpose other than to review product and promotional information, or to purchase product for your personal use, unless otherwise specifically authorized by Attakkalari to do so.
- Except as expressly authorized by the Website, you agree not to sell, license, rent, modify, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly display, publish, adapt, edit, or create derivative works from such Content. Notwithstanding the above, if no specific restrictions are displayed, you may make copies of selected portions of the Content, provided that the copies are made only for your personal, non-commercial use and provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices relating to the same.
- You agree that you shall not upload, post, reproduce, or distribute for commercial purposes any materials or design, text or graphics or Content on the Website and further you agree that you shall not reproduce or transmit the same, in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical or otherwise, including by photocopying, facsimile transmission, recording, re-keying or using any information storage and retrieval system without the express written permission of Attakkalari. Permission may be granted only at the sole discretion of Attakkalari.
- In consideration of your use of the Website you agree and undertake to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Attakkalari and its Representatives from all liabilities, claims, and expenses, including attorney's fees,that arise from your use or misuse of the Website. Attakkalari or its Representatives reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will cooperate with Attakkalari in asserting any available defenses. (The use of the term Representatives shall include Attakkalari's employees, sponsors, directors, officers, shareholders, representatives, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies, consultants and advisors).
- We collect personally identifiable information from you. While you can browse some sections of our site without being a registered member, certain activities (such booking tickets, placing an order for DVD’s) do require registration. We do use your contact information to send out newsletters and other promotional emails.
- We collect personally identifiable information (email address, name, phone number, etc.) from you when you register as a Patron with Attakkalari or purchase a DVD or tickets for a show. While you can browse some sections of our site without being a registered member, certain activities (such as placing an order) do require registration.
- We use personal information to provide the services you request. We use your personal information to resolve disputes; troubleshoot problems; help promote a safe service; collect fees owed; measure consumer interest in our products and services, inform you about online and offline offers, products, services, and updates; customize your experience; detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity; enforce our terms and conditions; and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
- We identify and use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our website. Your IP address is also used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information.
- A "cookie" is a small piece of information stored by a Web server on a Web browser so it can be later read from that browser. Cookies are useful for enabling the browser to remember information specific to a given user. attakkalari.org places both permanent and temporary cookies in your computer's hard drive. attakkalari.org cookies do not contain any of your personally identifiable information.
- Our site has stringent security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Whenever you change or access your account information, we offer the use of a secure server. Once your information is in our possession we adhere to strict security guidelines, protecting it against unauthorized access.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY POLICY
- All copyright and other intellectual property rights subsisting in the Site and its contents, including without limitation all text, images, graphics and code contained in the Site, and in its look and feel (collectively, the "Contents") are owned by Attakkalari- Center for Movement Arts.
- Except where otherwise specified, you may view, copy and print the Contents only for your own use, provided that all copies and print-outs of the Contents bear the copyright and other proprietary notices and disclaimers displayed on them on the Site. Attakkalari reserves the right, but has no obligation, to change the Contents at any time.
- Other than as specified above, nothing on the Site should be construed as granting any right or license. Attakkalari does not guarantee that you have any right to use content available on the Site that is owned by any third party, and that third party's permission will not be required before you use such content. None of the Contents may be changed, nor may any copyright or author attribution notice appearing on any of the Contents be altered or removed, without Attakkalari’s prior permission.
- In preparing the Website, we have endeavored to offer current, correct and clearly expressed information. However, since inadvertent errors of omission and commission can and do occur and since relevant laws and regulations often change, the Content and provision of Services may be neither current nor accurate. Further, the Content and information contained on the Website is intended to provide general guidance on matters of interest. Nothing on the Website constitutes professional advice, nor does any information on this Website constitute a comprehensive or complete statement of the issues discussed.
- All content and the services included at or available through the Attakkalari website are provided on an " as is" and "as available" basis for your use. The content and services are provided without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchandability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. Attakkalari does not warrant that the content or any service is accurate, reliable or correct; that the website will be available at anyt particular time or location; that any defects or errors will be corrected; or that the content is free of viruses or other harmful components. Your use of the site is solely at your risk.
- The User agrees that he / she must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content. Attakkalari shall not be liable for any decision made or action taken by the User or others based upon reliance on information or materials obtained through use of the Service. We take cognizance of the fact that the User is acting in his or her own best interest and transacting at his or her own risk. Prior to the execution of any transactions the User should make himself / herself aware of all the terms and conditions governing the transaction.
- In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
- Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Attakkalari takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Photography Credits: David Coleman